Meet one of the candidates for the 2020 Lithuanian parliamentary election, Aušrinė Armonaitė. She is s a Member of the Seimas in Lithuania. She was appointed Member of the Parliament in 2016. Since 2019, she is the chairwoman of the Freedom Party.
In this episode we talk about her goals running for the office and her experience of running a big international diaspora organisation. We discuss:
- How parties representing liberal values evolved in Lithuanian politics through the last 30 years?
- Are the core Liberal values that we still need to fight for in Lithuania today?
- The word liberal can mean a lot of different things. Some would say it means embracing tolerant social values while for others it might mean a commitment to free market economics. If you had to, in which part of the left/right spectrum would Aušrinė place your party in Lithuania?
- Some radical ideas are gaining momentum in the world. With examples from Poland and Hungary putting constraints on funding for NGOs and abortions. Does Aušrinė have concerns about Lithuania joining this conservative populist wave?
- From an economic perspective: what achievements of Lithuania are you proud the most?
- What economic challenges Lithuania needs to solve in the near future?
- Why should Lithuanians living outside Lithuania should care about Lithuanian politics?
- What is Aušrinė Armonaite's dream for Lithuania’s future?
Listen to the full interview with Aušrinė Armonaitė about libaeral values in Lithuania bellow:
Disclaimer- this is unpaid political campaigning with a candidate running for Lithuanian Parliament. We invited all candidates running for the position equal rights to participate in later episodes.
LT- Tai yra rinkimų agitacijai skirta informacija, už kurią nebuvo mokama skleidžiama elektroninėmis priemonėmis (garsu ir vaizdu) apie kandidatus ir jų veiklą. Tai yra dalis podkiasto epizodų su kadidatais kurie dalyvaus parlamento rinkimuose pasaulio lietuvių apygardoje.